Monday, June 18, 2007

Angelina Jolie: Crib Raider?

Maybe some of Angelina Jolie's film roles are playing games with her ability to think rationally. As I scroll through the history of Hollywood families in my mind, I am hard pressed to find very many with real success stories of fidelity, closeness, and well-adjusted children. So, it comes as a bit of a sad surprise to me when Jolie comments on her desire for more kids - lots more.

Angelina Jolie Wants Up To 14 Kids (FoxNews.com)

What really gets me rolling my eyes about this story is how Jolie describes her current parenting environment, "Four (kids) is kind of kicking our ass, but we feel kind of like, 'Damn it, we're up for the challenge!'" Angie, you aren't Laura Croft! It was only a movie... Parenting is not raiding some helpless kid's life in a self-absorbed attempt to one day proclaim yourself victorious for surviving the antics of a small tribe of children. Unfortunately, with Hollywood history as our guide, it appears a dozen or more children are in for a lifetime of cameras, confusion, and counseling.

UGH!

Send your UGH-worthy news stories to news@theughreport.com.

No comments: