Thursday, June 14, 2007

How Much Are Your Pants Worth?

I am no fashion expert. Just ask my friends (or my wife). I reach blindly into my closet every morning and pull out whatever my hand hits first. Makes for a fun sort of clothing gambling experience. So, when I read this particular article, I had to admit I couldn't possibly have the same level of fashion expertise as the plaintiff in question. He obviously has a better eye for what constitutes some killer pants because I can't think of any better explanation for filing such a lawsuit.

Testimony Resumes in Case of $54 Million Lawsuit Over Lost Pants (FoxNews.com)

Can you say "frivilous lawsuit?" Even if this guy's pants were ripped off his body and he was forced to walk naked out of the cleaners and trek 10 miles home on foot, I can't imagine justifying the millions of dollars he is seeking in "damages."

But I think I know what's going on here. It is the growing effects of "reality" television programming. Yep. That has to be the explanation. Our culture has become so immersed in "reality" TV (which has nothing to do with reality) that we have begun to believe that whatever we can dream up in our fantasies should come true in reality (the real reality, that is). So, if you get screwed at the dry cleaners (ignoring the fact that the cleaners attempted to make things right), then imagine the wildest fantasy scenario you can, and then find a left-wing, fantasy-thinking judge who will actually let you into his courtroom with such frivilous garbage. After that, just wait for the check - which I'm sure could be used to buy some pretty nice pants...

UGH!

Send your UGH-worthy news stories to news@theughreport.com.

No comments: